More than 60 education sessions throughout the three-day event covered topics in a variety of disciplines including safety, core clinical, specialty clinical, management, aviation, research, and communications. The Exhibit Hall featured 35 companies with opportunities each day to network and learn about their products and services.
AAMS Board Chair Deborah Boudreaux announced the AAMS 2020 Award Winners, and joined by AAMS President and CEO Cameron Curtis, the two leaders outlined the highlights of a new strategic plan for the organization that will focus on improving the membership value proposition.
The 2020 AAMS Community Award Winners include:
- Vanderbilt LifeFlight – Program of the Year for an outstanding and exemplary program (sponsored by Airbus)
- Robert Berge, Life Force Air medical Erlanger Health System, Jim Charlson Safety Award for outstanding contributions to the emergency medical transport community (sponsored by Airbus)
- Mark Maertins, MD, FACEP, AirLife Denver, Marriott-Carlson Lifetime Achievement Award for outstanding contributions to the emergency medical transport community (sponsored by Bell)
- Terry L Peed, University of Wisconsin Med-Flight Metro Aviation, Transport Mechanic’s Award of Excellence, for significant contributions to the safe operation of medical transport vehicles (sponsored by Leonardo Helicopters)
- Robbie Tester, Life Force Air Medical Erlanger Health Systems, AAMS Excellence in Transport Leadership Award recognizing a superior transport leader (sponsored by Bell).
More information about the awards and winners can be found online.