HAI makes up to 15 scholarships available annually, and the 2021 selection includes pilots earning their commercial helicopter rating, maintenance and safety professionals, and technicians.
James Viola, President and CEO of HAI, commented: “We congratulate the men and women who received the scholarships for 2021. These students have made a commitment to work in our industry at a timer when employment prospects are looking very good, and they recognize that additional education and training will be a strong benefit moving forward.”
Scholarships range from US$5,000
Although HAI has not committed to providing a full 15 scholarships for 2021, the recipients – each North American citizens – will receive education and benefits across a variety of fields.
The recipients are:
- Hanna Santamaria of Denver, Colorado, was presented the $5,000 Commercial Helicopter Pilot Rating Scholarship. Santamaria holds a private license and is working toward earning her commercial helicopter rating in order to pursue employment as a helicopter pilot
- William Teigan of Rocky Mountain House, Alberta, Canada, received the $2,500 Maintenance Technician Certificate Scholarship, which is awarded to students studying to become aviation maintenance technicians
- Jessica Meiris of Colorado Springs, Colorado, is the recipient of the Michelle North Scholarship for Safety, which provides the recipient with full tuition to attend a safety management system (SMS) course
The following have been awarded the Bill Sanderson Aviation Maintenance Technician (AMT) scholarship, along with stipends up to $1,600 each. The manufacturers that participated in the program for 2021 are Airbus, Leonardo Helicopters, MD Helicopters, Pratt & Whitney, Rolls-Royce, and Safran.
- Jeffrey Davis of Louisville, Colorado (MD Helicopters)
- John Doherty of Lebanon, Pennsylvania (Safran)
- Beth Elliott of Knoxville, Tennessee (Pratt & Whitney)
- Laura Fisher of Nepean, Ontario, Canada (Airbus)
- Lillianna Sorensen of Cedar City, Utah (Leonardo Helicopters)
- Teeratouch Triemasanchai of Los Angeles, California (Rolls-Royce)