The survey can be found here.
The IHSF’s worldwide regional teams have analyzed more than 1,000 helicopter accidents and have concluded that the following eight areas offer the best opportunities to prevent helicopter accidents:
• Structured programs to fully comply with manufacturers’ recommended
• A structured program for initial and recurrent Training,
• The implementation of Safety Management Systems (SMS),
• The implementation of Flight Data Monitoring (FDM) programs,
• Installation of Wire Strike prevention systems,
• The implementation of manual Health & Usage Monitoring Systems (HUMS),
• The implementation of automated Health & Usage Monitoring Systems (HUMS),
• Usage of Night Vison systems when warranted.
The 2019-20 IHSF survey will look at where these best practices are being followed within specific segments of the helicopter industry and within regions around the world.
Last year’s data showed that the key recommended safety practices were implemented most comprehensively by operators in the sectors of Helicopter Air Ambulance, Offshore/Oil operations and Law Enforcement. The lowest implementation occurred in the Personal/Private segment of the industry and in TV/Radio News gathering.
The detailed report for last year’s IHSF safety initiative survey can be found on the “Surveys” page on its web site: http://ihst.org/Default.aspx?tabid=3266&language=en-US